Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writerly Wednesday: The Pitch

I've been reading Writing Young Adult Fiction for Dummies.  I must be a dummy because I am learning so much.  A lot is review, but there is so much to learn. I've been planning to submit my completed Novel - So You Don't Want to be an Evil Sorceress to agents.  But now I think I'll have to go over the entire manuscript again.  Sigh.  Anyway, I have a couple pitches ready and I think once I've gone over the MS again, I'll be ready to lob them at the agent world.

Pitch#1 Mysty Perilous learns she is an evil sorceress after she turns the guy of her dreams into a frog - but she can't kiss away his amphibious problem because happily ever after is not for the villain.

Pitch#2 When Mysty Perilous accidently turns the guy of her daydreams into a frog, she has to find someone else to kiss away his amphibious problem because happily ever after is not for evil sorceresses.

I'm not sure which one I like better but I'm sure it'll change.  I have plenty of time since I'm going to edit the entire manuscript again.

No comments:

Post a Comment